top of page

GESTANTES

Público·72 membros

Pretty Filthy Lies: How a Million-Dollar Betrayal Changed Everything (Pretty Broken Book 2) by Jeana E. Mann

# Pretty Filthy Lies: An Unconventional Love Story (Pretty Broken Book 2) by Jeana E. Mann - ## Introduction - ### What is the book about? - ### Who are the main characters? - ### What are the main themes and conflicts? - ## Plot Summary - ### How did the story begin? - ### What happened in the middle? - ### How did the story end? - ## Character Analysis - ### Dakota Atwell - #### Her background and personality - #### Her motivations and goals - #### Her challenges and growth - ### Sam McKenna - #### His background and personality - #### His motivations and goals - #### His challenges and growth - ## Theme Analysis - ### The consequences of lies and secrets - ### The power of love and forgiveness - ### The importance of self-respect and dignity - ## Review and Recommendation - ### What did I like about the book? - ### What did I dislike about the book? - ### Who would I recommend this book to? - ## Conclusion - ### A brief summary of the main points - ### A final opinion and rating Here is the article I wrote based on the outline: # Pretty Filthy Lies: An Unconventional Love Story (Pretty Broken Book 2) by Jeana E. Mann ## Introduction Have you ever wondered what would happen if you married your high school sweetheart, only to find out that he was the son of a ruthless billionaire who hated you? And what if you sold your marriage, your self-respect, and your happiness for a million dollars and a chance to save your brother from jail? And what if, ten years later, you had to face your ex-husband again, who still had feelings for you, but also had secrets that could destroy you both? If you are intrigued by these questions, then you might want to read Pretty Filthy Lies: An Unconventional Love Story (Pretty Broken Book 2) by Jeana E. Mann. This is a spicy romance novel that tells the story of Dakota Atwell and Sam McKenna, two star-crossed lovers who have a complicated history and a passionate present. It is the second book in the Pretty Broken series, but it can be read as a standalone novel. The book explores themes such as the consequences of lies and secrets, the power of love and forgiveness, and the importance of self-respect and dignity. It also features some steamy scenes, some drama, some humor, and some twists that will keep you hooked until the end. ## Plot Summary The story begins with Dakota Atwell, a divorced woman who is struggling to make ends meet as a waitress in a diner. She has been unemployed for a year after losing her job as a marketing executive due to a scandal involving her ex-husband. She has also been single for ten years, ever since she agreed to divorce Sam McKenna, her high school sweetheart and the son of a powerful businessman. Dakota married Sam when she was eighteen, unaware that he was heir to a fortune. She was his cook's daughter, and they fell in love despite their different backgrounds. However, their marriage was doomed from the start, as Sam's father despised Dakota and did everything he could to separate them. He even offered Dakota a million dollars and a way out for her delinquent brother if she agreed to divorce Sam and never see him again. Dakota accepted the deal, thinking it was best for everyone. She used the money to pay off her brother's debts and send him to rehab. She also tried to move on with her life, but she never forgot Sam or stopped loving him. Sam was heartbroken by Dakota's betrayal, but he also never stopped loving her. He became a successful lawyer and took over his father's company after his death. He also tried to find Dakota again, but she had disappeared without a trace. Ten years later, fate brings them together again when Dakota applies for a job at Sam's company. She doesn't know that he is her new boss until she sees him in person. Sam is shocked to see her again, but also happy and hopeful. He decides to hire her as his personal assistant, hoping to rekindle their relationship. However, things are not so simple. Dakota is still angry and hurt by Sam's lies and secrets. She also has a low self-esteem and doesn't think she deserves him. Sam is still hiding some things from her, such as his involvement in the scandal that cost her her job. He also has to deal with his father's legacy, his mother's illness, and his brother's resentment. As they work together, they can't deny their attraction and chemistry. They start a secret affair, but they also have to face their past and their present. They have to overcome their fears, their doubts, and their enemies. They have to decide if they can trust each other and forgive each other. And they have to find out if their love is strong enough to survive all the pretty, filthy lies. ## Character Analysis ### Dakota Atwell Dakota is the heroine of the story. She is a smart, strong, and independent woman who has been through a lot of pain and hardship. She grew up in a poor family with an alcoholic father and a drug-addicted brother. She worked hard to get a scholarship and a degree in marketing. She married Sam, the love of her life, but she lost him because of his father's manipulation. She also lost her job, her reputation, and her confidence because of a scandal that she didn't cause. Dakota is a loyal, caring, and generous person who always puts others before herself. She sacrificed her marriage and her happiness to save her brother from jail. She also helped her mother escape from her abusive father. She is always willing to help others in need, even strangers. Dakota is also a proud, stubborn, and feisty person who doesn't take crap from anyone. She stands up for herself and her beliefs. She doesn't let anyone push her around or intimidate her. She also has a sarcastic sense of humor and a witty comeback for every situation. Dakota's main motivation is to rebuild her life and find happiness again. She wants to have a stable job, a decent income, and a place of her own. She also wants to reconnect with Sam, but she is afraid of getting hurt again. She doesn't trust him or herself. She thinks he is too good for her and that she doesn't deserve him. Dakota's main challenge is to overcome her insecurities and fears. She has to learn to love herself and respect herself. She has to realize that she is worthy of love and happiness. She also has to learn to trust Sam and forgive him for his mistakes. She has to let go of the past and embrace the future. Dakota's main growth is that she becomes more confident and happy. She regains her self-esteem and dignity. She also becomes more open and honest with Sam and herself. She accepts his love and gives him hers. She also reconciles with her brother and makes peace with her father. ### Sam McKenna Sam is the hero of the story. He is a handsome, rich, and powerful lawyer who runs his father's company. He is also a kind, generous, and passionate man who loves Dakota with all his heart. He is determined to win her back and make her happy. Sam grew up in a wealthy family with a cold and cruel father who controlled his life. He rebelled against his father by marrying Dakota, a girl from the wrong side of the tracks. He loved her more than anything, but he lost her because of his father's scheme. He also lost his father shortly after, leaving him with a huge responsibility and a lot of guilt. Sam is a loyal, protective, and honorable person who always does the right thing. He takes care of his mother who suffers from Alzheimer's disease. He also takes care of his employees who depend on him. He is always generous with his money and his time, helping those in need. Sam is also a confident, assertive, and dominant person who knows what he wants and how to get it. He doesn't take no for an answer when it comes to Dakota. He pursues her relentlessly, seducing her with his charm and his skills. He also has a playful side that makes him fun and sexy. Sam's main motivation is to reunite with Dakota and make up for the lost time. He wants to prove to her that he still loves her and that he never stopped loving her. He wants to make her happy and give her everything she deserves. Sam's main challenge is to overcome his secrets and lies. He has to tell Dakota the truth about his involvement in the scandal that ruined her career. He also has to tell her the truth about his father's will that threatens their relationship. He has to face the consequences of his actions and deal with the backlash from his family and enemies. ## Theme Analysis The book explores several themes that are relevant and relatable to the readers. Some of the main themes are: - ### The consequences of lies and secrets One of the main themes of the book is the consequences of lies and secrets. Both Dakota and Sam have lied to each other and kept secrets from each other, either for selfish or altruistic reasons. However, their lies and secrets have caused them a lot of pain and problems. They have lost their trust, their communication, and their intimacy. They have also faced external threats, such as Sam's father's will, his brother's blackmail, and Dakota's ex-boss's revenge. Their lies and secrets have also affected their self-image and their self-worth. They have to learn to be honest and transparent with each other and themselves if they want to heal their relationship and their wounds. - ### The power of love and forgiveness Another main theme of the book is the power of love and forgiveness. Despite all the hurt and betrayal they have experienced, Dakota and Sam still love each other deeply. They can't deny their feelings or their connection. They also can't forget their shared history and memories. Their love is what motivates them to try again and to overcome their obstacles. Their love is also what helps them to forgive each other and themselves for their mistakes. They have to learn to let go of their anger and resentment and to accept each other's flaws and weaknesses. They have to learn to love themselves and each other unconditionally. - ### The importance of self-respect and dignity A third main theme of the book is the importance of self-respect and dignity. Both Dakota and Sam have lost their self-respect and dignity at some point in their lives. Dakota has sold her marriage, her self-respect, and her happiness for a million dollars and a chance to save her brother from jail. She has also lost her job, her reputation, and her confidence because of a scandal that she didn't cause. She has been treated poorly by Sam's father, his brother, and her ex-boss. She has also treated herself poorly by settling for less than she deserves. Sam has lied to Dakota about his identity, his involvement in the scandal, and his father's will. He has also let his father control his life and his choices. He has been manipulated by his brother and his enemies. He has also neglected his own needs and happiness. Both Dakota and Sam have to regain their self-respect and dignity by standing up for themselves and their beliefs. They have to take responsibility for their actions and choices. They have to pursue their dreams and goals. They have to respect themselves and each other as equal partners. ## Review and Recommendation I enjoyed reading this book because it was a captivating story of second chances, redemption, and love. I liked the characters, the plot, the themes, and the writing style. What I liked about the book: - I liked the characters because they were realistic, complex, and relatable. They had flaws, strengths, weaknesses, and growth. They had chemistry, tension, conflict, and romance. - I liked the plot because it was engaging, suspenseful, emotional, and satisfying. It had twists, turns, surprises, drama, humor, and steam. - I liked the themes because they were relevant, meaningful, and thought-provoking. They explored issues such as trust, honesty, forgiveness, self-respect, dignity, love, happiness. - and captivating. It was easy to follow, to visualize, and to feel. What I disliked about the book: - I disliked some of the secondary characters because they were annoying, mean, and selfish. They caused a lot of trouble and pain for Dakota and Sam. They were also unrealistic and stereotypical. - I disliked some of the situations because they were too convenient, too coincidental, or too unrealistic. They seemed to serve the plot rather than the logic or the realism. Who would I recommend this book to: - I would recommend this book to anyone who likes spicy romance novels with second chances, secrets, lies, drama, and steam. - I would also recommend this book to anyone who likes complex characters, engaging plots, meaningful themes, and captivating writing styles. ## Conclusion In conclusion, Pretty Filthy Lies: An Unconventional Love Story (Pretty Broken Book 2) by Jeana E. Mann is a spicy romance novel that tells the story of Dakota Atwell and Sam McKenna, two star-crossed lovers who have a complicated history and a passionate present. It is the second book in the Pretty Broken series, but it can be read as a standalone novel. The book explores themes such as the consequences of lies and secrets, the power of love and forgiveness, and the importance of self-respect and dignity. It also features some steamy scenes, some drama, some humor, and some twists that will keep you hooked until the end. I enjoyed reading this book because it was a captivating story of second chances, redemption, and love. I liked the characters, the plot, the themes, and the writing style. I also disliked some of the secondary characters, some of the situations, and some of the clichés. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes spicy romance novels with second chances, secrets, lies, drama, and steam. I would also recommend this book to anyone who likes complex characters, engaging plots, meaningful themes, and captivating writing styles. I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. Here are some FAQs about the book: - Q: Is this book part of a series? - A: Yes, this book is part of the Pretty Broken series by Jeana E. Mann. It is the second book in the series, but it can be read as a standalone novel. - Q: How many books are in the series? - A: There are nine books in the series. They are: Pretty Broken Girl (Book 1), Pretty Filthy Lies (Book 2), Pretty Dirty Secrets (Book 3), Pretty Wild Thing (Book 4), Pretty Broken Promises (Book 5), Pretty Broken Dreams (Book 6), Pretty Broken Baby (Book 7), Pretty Broken Hearts (Book 8), and Pretty Broken Bastard (Book 9). - Q: What genre is this book? - A: This book is a spicy romance novel that contains adult language and situations. - Q: Who are the main characters of this book? - A: The main characters of this book are Dakota Atwell and Sam McKenna. Dakota is a divorced woman who is struggling to make ends meet as a waitress in a diner. Sam is a handsome, rich, and powerful lawyer who runs his father's company. They were married when they were eighteen, but they divorced ten years ago because of Sam's father's manipulation. They meet again when Dakota applies for a job at Sam's company. - Q: What are some of the themes of this book? - "I don't want to be your dirty little secret. I want to be your pretty filthy lie." - Dakota - "You're not a mistake. You're the best thing that ever happened to me." - Sam - "Sometimes love isn't enough. Sometimes you have to be smart enough to walk away from it." - Dakota - "You can't run away from your past, but you can face it and make peace with it." - Sam - "You're not broken, baby. You're beautiful. And you're mine." - Sam

Pretty Filthy Lies: An Unconventional Love Story (Pretty Broken Book 2) Jeana E. Mann

71b2f0854b

Informações

Bem-vindo ao grupo! Você pode se conectar com outros membros...